Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Bridesmaid Dress Diaries


with a stunning shade of blue, but ultimately loved the sweet sophistication of champagne dresses. My mother initially protested, fearful that it would in someway “detract” from a bride in white/ivory, but swaying her to my side was a rather simple process. After all, it’s pretty hard to deny how chic and classy champagne satin is without even trying. Being a July wedding in Upstate NY, the weather is bound to be insanely hot and with NY summers comes a relentless humidity that is outright miserable at times. Needless to say, I never even considered a full length dress and knew immediately that my fabulous ladies would be fashioned in a knee-length frock of some kind. And with those thoughts in mind, we went shopping.



This dress was an early contender and I’m fairly certain it’s by Forever Yours. The navy and light blue colors here, as modeled by lovely Bridesmaid S, were among the shades of blue I was considering instead of the champagne and I really loved them together. Somewhere on a scrap of paper that was lost months ago, we smuggled the style number down and filed it away as a strong possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment